Free Cake Decorating Ideas and Tips
Free Cake Decorating Ideas and Tips for Unusual & Unique Designs
As you hone your cake making skills, you could come across a unique cake designs. It is said that the cake if it is tastefully decorated, it gets a lot more attention.
What is packaged well has more appeal. With the help of my friends and with the help of my own experience I have collected some of these tips and would like to offer them as free cake decorating idea:
1. When you grease and flour the cakes, stay clear of using butter as a greasing material. Butter which contains water begins to melt when you bake the cake. The result is you have a cake with a moist, soggy bottom.
2. If the cake is not rising, it could be because of large amount of water or oil. Choose the correct pans as well and make sure that the temperature is not too less.
3. After the cake comes out of the oven, make sure that you shift onto the wire racks for about 15 minutes to cool off completely.
4. Before using any frosting, ensure that the cake is completely cooled.
5. When you fill the layers, make sure that the icing ‘ring’ is a half inch from the border, around the cake. You can fill that ring with fruit or tasty custard.
6. The size and the uniformity of the icing are dependent on how the pressure and the grip of the decorating bag. So we have to apply just the right pressure so consistently that we can shift the bag around in such a way that the right amount of icing flows through the tip.
7. Put a top and bottom border on your cake so that the decoration looks complete.
8. If the food color looks more on the paler side, use glycerin. Normally exposure to the sun robs the cake of its colors.
9. If you want to store your cake for some time, you can do so up to three months with a good quality aluminum foil, but you should thaw it before decorating.
One more free cake decorating idea and tip:
10. For colors, note that cane sugar in icing has the ability to hold the color longer compared to beet sugar.
Also the powdered food color makes for a fantastic cake decorating idea as the cake looks pleasant while retaining the color.
If the frosting is too thin, then preferably add melted chocolate or butter. If the frosting is thin, you can add some cream.
Use some of the tips, stick to the basics and apply your own set of creative streak to make yummy cakes like never before!
All these gorgeous cakes are made with the help of These Great Cake Decorating Videos
Would you send us your own free cake decorating idea? Please do! We will be glad to publish it here with your name.
Have A Great Cake Decorating Ideas?
Please share your artistic ideas with us!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Novelty Cakes by Helen Not rated yet
The second one is a shoe cake that was made for …
Easy Chocolate & Candy Cake Not rated yet
This cake is very quick and easy to …
Memories of Years Gone by Birthday Cake Not rated yet
Their families wanted something special but had some many things they want to incorporate, …
Connie's kitchen Not rated yet
She had to cook for all of her brothers and sisters …
Graduation Cake from Nigeria Not rated yet
Birthday Cake Decorating Ideas
First Cake Not rated yet
First I did not put enough batter in the cake tin, then it was …
4th of July Birthday Cake Not rated yet
Knee Cake Not rated yet
But I cannot …
A Rustic Wedding Cake Not rated yet
The perfect Castle Cake for the perfect little Princess Not rated yet
Sporty Cake Decorating Ideas Not rated yet
Smal pink cake with white bow
It can add a lot to any celebration: Bridal Shower,
Birthday...or simply celebrating the spring!
Easy Layer Cake Icing Not rated yet
Ultra Easy Spring Cake Decorating! Not rated yet
Children's cakes Not rated yet
Quick and Easy Cake Decorating Tip Not rated yet
Bake and frost your cake as usual. …
Cake Decorating - Awesome Birthday Cake Not rated yet
March 19th was my husband's birthday and I was planning …
Cake Decorating - Pumpkin Cake! Not rated yet
Everyone makes the standard looking pumpkin pie, …
Easter Bunny Cake 2009
Wedding Cake Decorating Not rated yet
Cake Decorating - Make a Train!
My sister totally out did herself last year …
Butterfly Pull a Part Cupcake Cake Not rated yet
You need four cupcakes for the body and …
Cake Decorating Easy and Reusable Idea Not rated yet
SIMPLE CAKE DECORATING IDEAS Not rated yet
She often frosted …
Wedding Cake Decorating Idea - Match Your Flower Vases Not rated yet
The way Grandma used decorate the cakes Not rated yet
Obama Llama Ding-Dongs Cake Decorating Not rated yet
I decided to …
Pictures of Decorated Cakes / Cake Decorating for Weddings / Cake Decorating Pictures / / Birthday Cake Decorating Ideas / Free Cake Decorating Ideas / Graduation Cake Decorating Ideas / Luau Cakes - for a great Hawaiian luau party / Cake Decorating Design Ideas / Retirement Cake Decorating Ideas / Patriotic Cake Decoration Ideas / Free Cake Decorating Patterns / Cake Decorating Supplies Wholesale / Discount Cake Decorating Supplies / Cakes Decorating Techniques - Cake Decorating Class/ Cake Decorating Designs / Cake Decorating Equipment / Cake Decorating Flowers / Cake Decorating for Wedding / Cake Decorating Magazines / Cake Decorating Picture/ Cake Decorating Techniques/ Discount Cakes Decorating Supplies / Fondant Cake Decorating/ 4th of July Cake Decorating Idea / Cake Decorating Icing / Cake Decorating with Fruit/ Cake Decorating Show on Ket Television / Cakes Decorating Equipment / Cake Decorating Message Boards/ Cake Decorating Tools / Free Cake Decorating Videos / Easy Wedding Cake Decorating Ideas/ Mickey Mouse Cake Decorating Kits / Cake Decorating Games/ Adult Birthday Cake Decorating Idea